Emsa Port Blocker is a TCP blocking utility. What it does, is blocking unwanted tcp access from/to your computer.It is not a firewall, but up to some extent it could be regarded as a similar tool. Its purpose is to prohibit TCP access on certain ports and ip addresses. IT can also be used as a TCP monitor because it shows TCP connections currently active on the machine.
This program works two ways. It can be configured to block access to certain local ports, but it can also
prohibit access to specified remote ports as well. For example, you may try adding the port '80' to remote blocked ports. You'll immediately notice that you have disabled your browser's capability from accessing the www. You can use this program to block unauthorized access to certain ports on your computer, for example network ports like TCP 135 or 139 and so on. You can also use the configuration to permit connections between local IP's, or block even those as desired. The program comes with a function allowing to detect local ip's and adding them to the 'allowed' IP list.
- When first started up, the program shows a list of TCP connections on your machine.If you don't see anything there, try opening browser and visit some site and you'll see them.
- By unchecking the 'Show only connected' checkbox the program will also show tcp connections in other states, like LISTENING and so on.
- The left hand list is versatile and its meaning depends on the last button clicked - check the label above
to see what the list is currently displaying.
- To add items to a list, type into the textbox below and click on add. Make sure you enter valid data (valid ip addresses/ valid port numbers).To delete one item, select it in the list and click on 'Delete'.
- To view Allowed IP Addresses, click on the corresponding button. By default, here you will see your local IP address (127.0.0.1). You may want to add all your local IP addresses to the allowed list.
Emsa Port Blocker is a free trial software application from the Firewall & Proxy Servers subcategory, part of the Servers category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2004-10-28. The program can be installed on Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows 8, WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10.
Emsa Port Blocker (version 1.2.39) has a file size of 341.62 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 200 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.